Give to REMEMBER ME RACEHORSE RESCUE everytime you search the Internet

iSearchiGive.com

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Go Mercantile! Paid for himself 3X in a month!

By now almost everyone has congratulated Dallas Keen for his $10,000 claim for BK Racing. Mercantile has paid for himself three times this month.

Brad Kyles of BK Racing actually picked this gelding that was purchased just last year for $2,000,000 as a two year old in training. We claimed him at The Fair Grounds for the discounted price of $10,000. I am not sure if his previous trainer was playing liars poker to get him eligible for $10K starters or if he was sacrificing him for the win but either way we are glad to have him in the barn.

I wrote about Mercantile in a blog entry just a couple of weeks ago but now he has an allowance win to add to his 2nd place finish in the allowance race two weeks ago. Mercantile has now earned over $32,000 for his new connections in just 5 weeks after being claimed.

I am not sure where we will go next with Mercantile. Maybe a 10K starter, maybe go for the big purse on the NW2OT, but rest assured he is not through making waves for BK Racing. He seems to be getting better and better.
Good Luck Brad and Bradley Kyles!

3 comments:

Corey B said...

Hello... I saw your horse fall when I went to the races on 1/20. It was heartbreaking and I wanted to know if he was able to be saved. He is/was a beautiful horse!!!

Donna Keen said...

With great sadness I am so sorry to report that Mercantile didn't make it. He was truly one of my all time favorite horses and I am devastated by his loss. I want to thank everyone for their condolences. I will miss him dearly.

Corey B said...

I am so sorry for your loss, he was a beauty and I know he will be terribly missed. Thank you for letting me know. His fall broke my heart!!!